Friday, August 27, 2010

Without a backward glance

And she's off!

The first day of school was yesterday and she was suuuper ready to go. When Curtis walked her into the school she took off for her classroom, taking the hand of the first responsible adult who offered, and didn't even give Curtis a backward glance.

Sigh.

I think that's good, actually. Confident and excited, that's how we like our kids.


I like this photo of her - I think she looks like she should be on the cover of a book: Kathryn Rice, Girl Detective.


I liked her little outfit - skirt and shirt from Grandma and Grandpa Rice, socks from Nain and Taid. Thanks for outfitting her, grandparents!

She already has a new best friend, Paige. I wish wish wish I had remembered to take the camera to the open house on Wednesday night to get a photo of those two, both in pink dresses and ponytails, arms around each other's waists, excited to get on the school bus for their test ride. It was beyond cute.

I think she's going to do just fine.

(By the way, Viv is doing fine with the adjustment so far- yesterday she said that, a) she was now the biggest girl at home, and b) Kathryn wasn't around to tell her what to do. Today she said she missed her, though, so we'll see.)
(Oh, and I'm doing fine with the adjustment as well - seriously. I still have plenty to keep me busy here.)

2 comments:

Gwennie said...

What a big girl...proud of you Ab :) hehe btw the jacket came from me I think :)

babiesbrown said...

She's darling! I know that feeling of sending them off to school. My oldest is in first grade this year, and I think I was way more nervous than him. He takes everything in stride!
Btw, I read your comments on my blog. That's awesome about the the songwriter/musician for TVD clip. You can say "I knew him when and he was still a jerk!" lol