Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More finished projects

I just love making baby blankets. Maybe because they take less time to make than full-size quilts - faster gratification?

Well, that might be true in general, but not with THIS particular baby blanket.


This one took FOR.E.VER to make. It was so simple but tiiiiime consuuuuuming to sew a line every half inch. Who knew?? I was very happy to make it for little Sadie, but Sadie? Hang on to that blanket, because it's one of a kind. There will never be another one like that coming off of MY machine!


I think it came out pretty darn cute.

This blanket took considerably less time to make (though made with no less love).


It's for my friend Amy's baby http://www.progressivepioneer.com/progressive-pioneer/ (this is her blog - I forgot how to rename links). Amy and Clayton are naming their baby Vivian, a name I particularly like. :)

I used a vintage sheet I bought for $1.50 at a thrift store. The rick rack and ribbon were from that HUGE stash I inherited from my dear neighbor, Dot, who gave me a ton while she was still alive and then her daughter gave me a lot more after she died - we still miss Dot! She was one of a kind and I think of her every time I use some of the BAGS of ribbon and trim I now have, thanks to her.

(Don't look too closely - this blanket is very obviously homemade.)
.
Anyway, I'm psyched to make more sheet fabric stuff - there is a lot of fabric left! Amy also has this way of making cute little girl skirts with the corner elastic parts of bottom sheets, and when I get around to it, I'll post photos of what I come up with.

I have another sheet (white with pink roses) that I will be making into a blanket for...? I don't know who yet. If Owen and Marci's baby is a girl, she'll be the likely recipient. Can't wait to see what they have in a month and a half!!

No comments: