Tuesday, May 15, 2012

For baby E




My friend Rachael had a sweet, sweet, sweet (ADORABLE) baby girl a few months back and so - YAY! - I had an excuse to make a baby quilt.  I love making baby quilts.  They're not exactly instant gratification, but they're relatively quick to make.  Smaller, you know.


This quilt was made from leftover scraps from so many projects I've made over the years - lots of quilts, summer sundresses, Christmas pajamas, failed crib bumpers, etc.  At the same time I cut the little squares for this quilt, I cut larger squares so I could make a quilt for our family.  Lots of memories.  :)





And because I couldn't resist, a pillowcase, too.


Welcome to the world, baby E!  Enjoy snuggling!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I looooved that quilt, Abbey!! Glad to see it in all its finished glory! And the pillow case is just dear--what a cool addition.