Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wedding prep

Evan and Jenni's wedding is coming up in three weeks! The time has flown by and I'm glad the pennant banners are finally done and delivered.

I think they came out pretty cool.

Jenni did a great job picking the fabrics. She has such a cool wedding theme (summer picnic) that pretty much anything goes, in terms of fabrics and colors. She has also made dozens and dozens of cloth napkins in a huge variety of colors and prints that look so cool all stacked up in baskets.

I didn't have any ribbon long enough to do an entire 30' banner (I made three 30' ones and a 20' one), so I mixed and matched from my ribbon stash.
This is just a sample. I have so much more!!

On Monday Jenni, her friend Kristen and I got together at Mom and Dad's house for a marathon cookie baking session.
Evan and Jenni are giving out cookies as favors. Guests can choose their own (fruit and nut, strawberries and cream, peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip, lemon sugar and chocolate chip) and put them in a cute little bag to take home.

Jenni really is that fast scooping and rolling cookie dough. She (and Kristen) work at Scratch Bakery in Portland and are pros. Literally.

Here's Mess Of The Week: Betty with a blueberry muffin.

4 comments:

Michael Wurm Jr said...

who doesn't love a pendant banner!? and yours are beautiful. and cookies at a wedding are a MUST. they look so yummy!

Ann said...

Very cute banner, very yummy looking cookies, very sad that we are not there! I showed Trevor Betty's MOTW and he said that he'd like a blueberry muffin too! I told him that I'm sure Betty would have shared with him.

rachel said...

i want those cookies

Amy said...

I so wish we were going to be there for the wedding; it looks like it's going to be so fun! I love their fun theme; it's just perfect. Those guys are the best!