Friday, January 27, 2012

Do yourself a favor...

...and make this pie.


It's basically a fresh blueberry pie with a little cooked berry yumminess to keep it all together.


2 pints blueberries
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar (can adjust if berries are too sour or sweet)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 baked pie crust

Boil 1 1/2 cups blueberries with water for 1-2 minutes.  Combine dry ingredients and add to cooked berries.  Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and add lemon juice.  Pour over the rest of the berries in the baked pie crust.  Let cool in fridge until firm enough to slice.  Garnish with whipped cream.

If the berries aren't sweet enough and you need to add more sugar, add a little more cornstarch.


I thought this pie was DELISH and we enjoyed it for my birthday.

Vivian made me a little paper flower clip for my birthday.

Yep.  I'm 37 now.  Whatever.  Sometimes I despair when I look in the mirror and see what's going on with my eyelids or my crow's feet, and sometimes I look and think "Hey.  Not bad."

On the good days I come away from the mirror and go find Curtis and have him tell me I'm still cute.

On the bed days, I just blame it on the lighting.  We need better lighting in that bathroom, that's all.  I'm not really getting old.  Nope.

Heh.


Birthday tulips from Curtis and the kids.  Aww.

I made a little Valentines Day banner for the fireplace.  I think it came out pretty sweet.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Cool mantle and I love the brickwork. Oh, and you're pretty cute too!