Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Morning! (and other stuff)

Morning, everyone!









What happens when I don't get the recycling out for three weeks.


I made roasted butternut squash soup the other night.


I sauteed apples and onions, then cooked everything for a while in some chicken stock.


My stick/immersion blender!  I LOVE my stick blender!  It's the way to go.  None of that transferring hot soup to a blender, pureeing in batches and making a big old mess.


Unfortunately, the resulting soup was just ok.  Curtis liked it, and (most of) the kids could be convinced to eat it, but I don't think it'll be in regular rotation.


In other exciting news, Vivian, Kathryn and Curtis hit the slopes for the first time this season.  It was Viv's first time ever on skis and she was excited!  Curtis is not convinced, after observing her first lesson, that she is a natural, but she came home just as enthused as when she left.  So that's something.  Fingers crossed on that one.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yaaaay for skiing enthusiasm!!!! She is darling! They all are... :)

I want a stick blender.

Oh! And I will be seeing Gwen in an hour or so :)
We will wish you were there.