Saturday, January 2, 2010

My second post...two years later



Oh, the shame. That first post was almost two years ago. We've had two more babies and quite a bit more house renovation done since then. I'm not quite sure why I never posted again...I guess I got tired? or busy? or both?
Anyway, I'm re-inspired to write on a regular basis. I want to make it easier for friends and family to keep up with what's happening here.
With that in mind, here's how our Christmas went.
We were so lucky to have a week-long visit from Grandma and Grandpa Rice (thank you, Jim and Lorna, for freezing up here in the Great White North when you could have been warm in Sunny California!). We spent most of the time indoors so no one would lose fingers or toes to frostbite, reading books, making quilts for the kids, and playing with the fantastic new dollhouse that Grandma and Grandpa gave the kids for Christmas. I think the older girls spent about nine hours straight on Christmas Day playing with the dollhouse.This is how it looked on Christmas Eve after Grandpa Rice had put it together and Grandma Rice had set up the little family outside, having a Christmas Eve barbecue.


This is how the sitting room looked on Christmas Eve.


We also made Christmas cookies earlier on in the Christmas season.


Vivian waiting for the cookies to bake.

Sooo tempting...

We also had a little photo session by the tree. Adorable, if I do say so myself.

No comments: