Saturday, May 29, 2010

Still alive

More or less. I think this is the longest I've gone without posting since I started doing this back in January. We had a minor computer/camera issue (which turned out to not really be an issue, I was just too technologically zoned out to realize it), and then I felt a little overwhelmed by having all these pictures I had taken and too much to post, so I kept putting it off... I've also been really tired the last week or so, and then last night I realized I hadn't taken my thyroid pills for like, three weeks, which is really stupid. I just completely forgot. So, hopefully being dosed up on some synthroid will soon have me back in working order. Seriously, how dumb is it to forget to take a pill for three weeks when not taking it is guaranteed to make my life even harder than it is because eventually it catches up with me and I get crazy tired? Ack.

Anywho. Unneccessary ramble over.

I just decided I would post a bunch of photos from the last week (not neccessarily in chronological order) or so and call it good. Back on the horse.
Here, a few photos of Vivian in a dress I made (complete with blueberry yogurt pop drip on the front). Kathryn has one too, pictured later. They were super easy to make and I'll be making more later in the summer for the girls to wear at Evan and Jenni's wedding. All the little nieces will be flower girls - 10 of them!
The house decked out in its Memorial Day/July Fourth finery. See how the lawn is coming along?
The water level in the reflecting pool by the Info Center in Rumford is super low now, so you can walk out onto this sand bar, which the kids think is super awesome.
Kathryn in her sundress.
Last story time of the year at the library. They have a summer program that starts in a few weeks.
It was in the 90s on Tuesday so we went to Roxbury Pond. Perfect beach day!


Refugee from the Matrix.



Kathryn has discovered posing. It's darn hard to get a natural shot of her these days. I don't know what's going on here. It looks as though she might be having a religious experience of some sort.

Betty was so busy shoveling sand into that bucket! She was entertained for a long time!

Viv was the sand castle queen.


Cute little sandy toes (there were a lot of other sandy places, too...).


We took a walk when Nain came to visit on Monday. The kids were being rather uncooperative with the posed photo, but whatever. We got what we got.

Betty's first crack at corn on the cob. She did well for only having four teeth. I have no idea what Vivian is doing.

This is our bedroom, most mornings. Everybody ends up in the bed too early for mom and dad's taste, so we just turn on a kids' show and try to get a bit more sleep. Does that make us bad parents?

Kathryn is always putting her feet on Curtis's head. He doesn't always take it with such good humor, but the camera was on him...

Zoned out on T.V.

Like I said, Kathryn is into posing.

Teeeeveeee.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeeeeesh! Thanks for possting! I've been waiting and waiting. For real. I check every day.
Cuuuuuute kids. Can't wait to see all the girls in their flower girl outfits!

Amanda said...

Abby, this looks like our bed in the morning..minus one kid (we only have 3)....no bad moms trying to get more sleep!! Yet here I am at midnight reading old posts on your blog...your life and mine run parallel...